July 28

Yesterday was a long and busy day for us, but sweet Lily still woke up at five this morning. Luckily, she made up for it by taking a three-hour nap this morning. When she woke up, Caleb and Daisy were playing in the back yard while I made their lunch. I set Lily down in the kitchen so I could finish making lunches, but she was not happy. Lunch had to be made, though, so I got back to work while she fussed. Gradually, the fussing stopped, and I heard her crawl down the hallway.
Then there was silence.
Eventually, I grew concerned and stepped into the other room to look for her. 
Our big screen door had been pushed open, and there was Lily, happily sitting out on the deck, watching her brother and sister play. I stuck my head out the door, and she cheerily called out, "HI!"
Funny girl.

Soon, she wasn't content to sit and watch anymore, so she crawled off to play in the grass.

Luckily, I caught her before she hit those steps!

After lunch, Daisy grabbed a pen and began drawing on the newspaper. As she drew, she narrated: "This is Daddy's work. It's faaaar away. Here is the lake. It has a beach and sand and water. Here is Naomi's mommy's house. That's Iowa, and there's the hotel where we stayed."
Caleb chimed in, "Is Oregon on your map?"
Daisy: "Yes. Or-ven is right here. And here is our house, and Texas is waaaay over here."

My sweet little girl! Can't you tell by looking at it that she's drawn her first map? It has all the special places we've been or talked about. Also, I love that she's pointing her index finger because she has an owie on it. Band-aids only last an hour or so with her, before she declares that her owie is all better because God healed it!

What a special little thing she is.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool. Yes Daisy is such a personality! They are such smart kids, I prob didn't even know what Oregon was at that time haha.

    ReplyDelete