July 10

As I entered the date for today's post, I accidentally typed July 190. How accurate - it feels as if this month has been 190 days long! Two days of birthday celebrations for Caleb + Lily being impossible for at least one nap a day for the past week = I am worn out! But as I type, Daisy and Lily are asleep, and Caleb is almost there. I'm done in the kitchen for the night, and I'm hoping to get to bed early. I think we all need a good night's sleep to reset our brains!

Today was a stay-in-our-jammies-til-noon kind of day. 
Except for Lily. That girl likes to get dressed.
After breakfast, I found her in her favorite spot: hiding under the kitchen table. She had found an empty water bottle from last night's baseball game and, seated atop Caleb's cape, she was quite pleased with herself.

When it was time to put Lily down for her first nap of the day, Caleb and Daisy asked what they always do anytime I announce that I'm going to put Lily down. "Can we watch something?"
75% of the time, I tell them no.  This was one of those times, and when I left Lily's room after nursing her and rocking her to sleep, I was happy with my choice.

This is what I found: 
Caleb and Daisy had pulled out some folding chairs that Aunt Maggie gave us, set up a new/old step stool from our neighbor as a table, and arranged "breakfast" on the table. They had two babies in the extra chairs, and everyone had a large block as a plate.

It was the cutest thing ever, and it made me so happy that I chose to leave them to their own devices instead of letting them watch TV!

Not cute was an hour later, when they decided to pretend that Luke Skywalker and Padme Amidala were having a birthday party, and they needed to find gifts for them. I was working feverishly in the kitchen, so I didn't notice that they took every book off their bookshelves and every toy out of the toy boxes and even some of their clothes and piled them in the front room. By the time I realized what they were doing, they had amassed a sizeable collection of "gifts" for Luke and Padme. They had also created a colossal mess.

So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment