July 14

Things that happened today:

We played with Caleb and Hannah, and the Calebs were involved in an epic bike crash. There was blood and tears.

Lily slept until 6:30 this morning, and took two naps without screaming. I have nearly regained my sanity.

We had a lunch/juicing playdate with Jill and Naomi. I think they're Caleb's new favorite people.

It rained. Hard. The big kids and I popped popcorn and watched the storm.

Lily went down for her afternoon nap, and I tried desperately to get Caleb and Daisy to rest so that I could rest, too. It didn't work. Lily woke up from her nap just as the big kids fell asleep on my bed.

Chris showed our old house to one potential renter and one potential buyer. He said things seemed promising on both fronts.

Things that I took a picture of today:

Lily, wearing Daisy's cat purse, eating an apple. She is obsessed with this purse; when she sees it, she shouts, "KAK!" and she can put it on all by herself. She usually crawls around the house with it around her waist. Also, she suddenly knows exactly how to eat a whole apple. I love it! Don't get too excited, though; the apple in the picture is one that Daisy started. Lily didn't do all of that biting with her two little teeth.

Caleb and Daisy, asleep in my big bed. They napped for two hours this way. I love that Daisy is upside-down on the bed, and I am shocked at how big her little foot suddenly looks. I had to wake the kids up for dinner, and then they refused to eat it. Well, not really. Daisy ate only bell peppers and a few bites of rice, and Caleb took an hour and a half, but he ate his whole meal. I have such strange children.

And now, Lily is asleep and Chris has taken the big kids off on an "adventure". I think they took the BOB up to the library, and Caleb is hoping they'll get lost on their way home. We'll see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment