July 11

UPDATED with pictures of Lily in Chris' office!
Item #9 on Caleb's summer to-do list was "Visit Daddy at work and have lunch with him".
Today was the day!

For Father's Day, I gave Chris a new tie, with a matching tie for Caleb and hair bows for the girls. When I told Caleb that we were going to see Daddy at work, he immediately wanted to put on  his "work shirt" and tie. After much wheedling, I convinced Daisy to wear a darling flowered dress. Once she had it on, she twirled and asked Caleb, "Do I look pretty?" He replied, "You look like a worker person. You can be my co-worker!"

Lily was napping (don't even get me started on naptime today. That girl is trying to kill me!), so I didn't get pictures of her dressed up to visit Daddy at work, but Caleb and Daisy were just adorable.

Seriously. 
(Yes, Caleb has a golf club in his hand)

They were so excited to be dressed up and going to see Daddy!
We'd been talking about visiting him for a while, and occasionally I'd hear Daisy chattering to Caleb about offices. She thinks she knows a lot about offices, and she was excited to see Daddy's office.

My sweet little darlings.

Lily woke up from her nap right before it was time for us to go, and we had a lovely visit and lunch with Chris. By the time we dropped him back off at work, all three children were asleep in the back seat. They slept the whole way home, which was lovely, except that then they were awake when we got home. No rest for this weary mama!

Here are a few pictures of Lily in Chris' office:
She was clearly unimpressed. Or maybe she was just overwhelmed by the chaotic mess  of paperwork strewn across Chris' desk?

Future banker?
Maybe not.

Much later, we waited on the front porch for Chris to get home.
Lily ate chalk, and crawled around in chalk, but did not write with chalk.

This girl.
I'm almost ready to sell her to the circus. At least she's sleeping through the night now. And she's cute. Let's hope that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment