October 5

Today was a good day. A very boring, very good day.

After getting everyone ready for church, I headed out the door to see Caleb and Daisy scampering up the neighbors' driveway. The kids had picked up their newspaper from the driveway and were depositing it on the front porch. They looked so darling, and were behaving in that way that siblings sometimes do, where they're totally in sync. I had to photograph them. So I ran back in to grab the camera. I totally missed the newspaper/driveway moment, but I did get this:

(Photoshop isn't letting me edit it for some reason, so straight out of camera is going to have to suffice.)
Caleb is wearing a vest I picked up for him at Goodwill yesterday. It was supposed to be part of his Halloween costume, but he loves it so much that he wore it all evening yesterday and all day today. I think he mostly loves the attention and compliments he gets when he wears it, and I don't blame him. He told me today that he looks like a gentleman when he wears it, and he really wants to be a gentlemen.

The big red thing he's holding is his Super Hero Bible; last week (or was it two weeks ago?) he breathlessly informed me that he needed to bring a Bible to church, so we pulled this one off the shelf in his closet and he lugs it to church now. I noticed that some of the other kids have Bible covers/bags (you know, the kind that zip up and have a handle?), so maybe he needs one of those to make transporting it easier.

And Daisy? She loves her long-sleeved dress and her tights. Though that 3T dress is starting to look a bit short on my not-quite-3-and-a-half-year-old. Hmmm. 

This picture would have been absolutely perfect if Lily were in it, but she was already buckled into her car seat. Plus, her outfit didn't match theirs, and she was wearing her ridiculous white loafers. She stayed in the car.

After church, the girls napped and Caleb and I went grocery shopping together. It's boring and mundane, but we both love going to the store without the girls, just the two of us. He helps me, we talk, it's wonderful. I love that a simple errand can become special Mommy/son time, and I love that I have a little boy who loves helping his mommy. What a sweetheart. 

After groceries, we all snacked and then headed to my friend Jessica's house for our church Community Group. We have two tween girls who tend to the children, and all the adults headed outside to sit around a fire pit and discuss the Bible. 

See? A very boring, and very good day. I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! I need this picture! I wish I had these kids.

    ReplyDelete