October 15

It is absolutely obnoxious that the local deer think my garden is an all-you-can-eat buffet. But days like this remind me that it's totally worth it.

While Daisy napped today, Lily and I noticed a deer grazing in the back yard. Since Lily loves all kinds of animals, I popped her up on the counter and let her watch out the window. She was so excited!

Remember my post yesterday about why I don't use the flash? This is another reason why. The deer noticed the flash through the window, got freaked out, and ran away. Oh well. The five minutes we spent watching her were magical. 

Since we were already right there, I kept Lily on the counter and set to work washing some dishes. Lily almost leapt into the sink in an attempt to get some of the dish soap bubbles, so I scooped some of them out with a measuring cup. (Can you see that the measuring cup is full of bubbles?) Lily grabbed a scrub brush and was a happy girl while I did my chores.

Chris and the big kids like to blow the dish soap bubbles and watch them float through the air. Lily tried again and again, but her little breaths don't have quite enough force behind them yet. The picture above is her trying to blow the bubbles away.

Who knew 3/4 cup of soapy bubbles could be so entertaining?

1 comment: