October 28

I was in the kitchen today, making lunch for the girls, when Daisy came running in.
"Mommy! Lily is climbing the ladder!"
"What ladder, Daisy?"
"The ladder in the dining room!"
I was confused - we don't have a ladder in the dining room. Who keeps a ladder in the dining room? What was in the dining room that Daisy might think was a ladder? Curious, I grabbed my camera and went into the dining room.

Oh, yeah. That ladder. The one that has been in the dining room for the past month as Chris slowly finishes caulking the crown molding. The one that, so far, none of the children had tried to climb. Lily was climbing that ladder.

Yeah. She was remarkably high up the ladder. Granted, she's a good climber, and has practiced on the ladder to the swingset clubhouse quite a bit. Still, I was surprised. I didn't get concerned, though, until she looked back at me, judged from my expression that I wasn't too pleased with her choice, and began climbing down.

The climbing down made me a little bit worried. 

That's when I put the camera down and rescued my baby.

Don't worry, Mom. No babies were harmed in this escapade. And I definitely put the ladder out of the way after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment