October 12

Our church had a baby dedication yesterday, and we were finally able to dedicate nearly 15-month-old Lily. Chris' mom came out for the dedication, and my sister Emily and her family were there, too. Caleb and Daisy joined Chris, Lily, and me on stage as we pledged to keep Christ in the center of our family as we raise Lily. Caleb and Daisy were really nervous, but Lily spent the whole time smiling and waving at the band onstage. I wonder if she'll always be the kind of girl who falls for the musicians?

Sadly, the lighting in our worship area is terrible, so I only got these two photos:
Waiting for church to start. I love the look on Lily's face!

Caleb kept trying to photobomb the picture above. Finally I gave up and took a picture of his bombing face. That boy.
(he insisted on wearing a long-sleeved white shirt under his collared shirt, because Daddy always wears undershirts. I explained that Daddy's undershirts are short-sleeved, but long sleeves can make us hot. He countered with the fact that he doesn't have any white, short-sleeved shirts, but he does have a white, long-sleeved shirt. Then I quit arguing.)

Much later, Caleb built this awesome castle with blocks. 
Things I love:
1. It really is an awesome castle.
2. Caleb is so proud!
3. He even placed Cinderella in the castle.
4. Daisy, grinning in the picture like she had something to do with it. She didn't. But she was proud of Caleb's work, too. 

Those kids can be really fantastic sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Carrie, I love reading these more and more! I know it is exhausting to post stuff sometimes, but it is so much fun to see what is happening all the time with your family. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete