October 13

Today was a bank holiday that didn't feel like a bank holiday. Even though bankers celebrate Christopher Columbus, the public schools do not. So Chris stayed home, but Caleb went to school. It did happen to be pajama day at school, though, which was fun. So we celebrated by taking all of the kids (in their jammies!) out for breakfast. I'm not going to lie; we took them to Waffle House.
That's right, Waffle House.
Chris and I were both a bit apprehensive - I don't think we've been there since before kids, over five years ago - but I have been craving a pecan waffle for nearly two months now, so we took a risk. It ended up being relatively clean, not at all gross, quite tasty, and surprisingly kid-friendly. Who knew?
Caleb was all about having his picture taken, but Daisy just wanted to eat her waffle, by golly!

I'm not sure if the girl was more annoyed by her excessively-cheerful brother, or by my picture-taking attempts, but she looks ready to get stabby with that fork.

And then a server brought them paper hats, and this happy boy nearly burst with delight.

Even Lily thought it was pretty stellar!
(That's her bowl of oatmeal in the foreground.)

There - two happy kids!

After breakfast, we dropped Caleb off at school and headed home. Chris went out to our rental house to work on a downspout issue, despite the torrential downpours. He spent four hours digging in the mud out there, but got the situation resolved.

Meanwhile, the girls and I played at home. I sat down at the computer at one point, and Lily walked over to me and said, "UP!" Once she was in my lap, she happily began typing on the keyboard. If I stopped her, she got pretty upset.

Luckily, Caleb went through the exact same stage. So I headed down to the basement and brought out...
our spare keyboard!

I'm pretty sure Lily thinks it's the best toy ever.

After dinner, Chris gave the kids baths while I ran out to Target to grab a few things. I returned home to find these photos on my camera:

Apparently Lily found Caleb's Batman fedora, put it on, and proudly walked up and down the hall.

Chris tried to figure out the video function on my camera, but it was too complicated. He was really disappointed to only have these photos of what he insists was an epically cute moment.

OK, that is pretty cute.

Lily's humidity-inspired curls are also pretty cute.

Goodnight, sweetie pies!

No comments:

Post a Comment