October 29

Caleb and Daisy are best friends. Like, they seriously adore each other. Everyday when we pick Caleb up at the bus stop, Daisy waits for Caleb with her arms spread wide open and he steps off the bus into her hug. It's the sweetest thing ever. Since Lily is just a baby, she can't really participate in their adventures and shenanigans.

But lately, she's been trying. Now that she's walking really well and sometimes even running, she can keep up more. One of the best things about Caleb being at kindergarten is that Daisy and Lily have had a chance to develop their friendship. I love watching as Lily can do more and more with her big sister, and I love watching as Daisy discovers how much fun Lily can be.

How much fun can Lily be, you ask?
Well, today she wore her baby doll in Daisy's toy Ergo.
I know. Cutest thing ever, right?

Look at how she delights in her baby!

Of course, as soon as Lily saw that I had my camera out, she lost interest in the baby and wanted to play with the camera. And of course, I wouldn't let her.

When I let Daisy hold the camera and take a few pictures with it, this is what happened: 
Mmm-hmm. We have entered the age of tantrums. That, my friends, is a tantruming 15-month-old.

And then it was Daisy's turn to wear the baby.

Oh! Lily's turn again, this time on her back. She was pretty happy with that one.

Daisy went to get dressed, and returned wearing a hippie dress that Aunt Jenny gave her. She demonstrated its awesome swirling, twirling capabilities, and ended up just spinning until she fell down. Lily wanted in on that fun, so she immediately dropped the baby and tried to figure out how to spin like her sister. It took a while - first she just walked in wide circles - but eventually she figured it out. I sat on the floor and laughed as my girls spun and laughed and fell, over and over and over. It was beautiful.

And then this happened: 
They held hands and walked down the long hall together. Apparently it's their new favorite thing, because several times today I found them holding hands and grinning like fools.

What a lucky mama I am!

1 comment:

  1. That is the sweetest thing ever. All of the moments in this post are too! AAAAAAAAAAH!

    ReplyDelete