January 6

Daisy was beyond excited to go back to preschool today. All by herself, she chose some brand new sparkly star tights, a pink dress, and her pink Anna boots. The girl was on fire today! Then she tripped and fell down the stairs on the way to her classroom. Stupid boots. Even though she scraped up her forehead, she was so brave! Daisy told me later that she knew there were kids in her classroom and she didn't want to upset them, so she didn't scream and cry. Eventually I got her settled down, and Lily and I headed to my 32-week prenatal exam.

Everything about this pregnancy is perfectly normal, which is wonderful! Just like all of my other pregnancies, my belly is measuring a bit smaller than it should. I suppose that's why I seem to gestate my babies a few weeks longer! The midwife let Lily hold the Doppler and push the button on it while we checked Yoey's heart tones, and Lily was fascinated. It was so cute that I had to take a quick cell phone video:


 There's a moment where she seems to make the connection that the noise she's hearing is her baby, and it is just so sweet. Reason #39,450 why I love the midwifery model of care: there's time for little moments like this.

After we picked Daisy up from preschool, Daisy grabbed my ring sling and wanted to wear a baby doll. But then Lily got mad and wanted to wear her baby doll, too. So I put Lily's doll Ergo on her and the ring sling on Daisy, and both girls were happy.

At least, I thought they would be. But when I got my camera out to document the adorableness, I only got this:

And this: 
These girls. They were really happy to have their babies on them, so I'm guessing they're just fierce mama bears.

Lily eventually warmed up, though, mostly because she wanted to see pictures of herself on the back of my camera.

Seriously, isn't she adorable? I'm pretty certain that when Yoey arrives, she will want to wear him, too, and will not understand when I say no.

1 comment:

  1. How cool! She does seem to realize the sound is the baby. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete