January 10

I recently read that women need more sleep than men, and I felt much better about my current sleep needs. This morning, I slept until 9 am while Chris made the kids pancakes and kept them happy. He even took a few pictures, which always makes me happy because I love the glimpse into what Mornings with Daddy look like. 

The girls sit on the counter and eat bananas (cut in half and placed on a plastic popsicle stick, to keep their precious hands clean) while Chris makes breakfast. Apparently Daisy was not feeling the need to be photographed, and Lily thought she was being ridiculous. 
(Also, do you see our awesome bird feeder suction cupped to the window? It was Lily's Christmas gift, and it is so much fun!)


Caleb got in on the funny faces, too.

I love this sweet little girl!

It's reassuring to know that Daisy is a stinker for Daddy, too, and not just me.

Eventually I woke up, and I was greeted with fresh coffee and Chris' specialty peanut butter banana chocolate chip pancakes (grain-free, of course). As I sat and enjoyed my breakfast, Lily kept bringing baby dolls to me and asking me to wrap them up. She was so funny, struggling to carry two babies at once, that I had to pause my breakfasting to take a picture. Or multiple pictures. Whatever.

They say that children imitate what they see parents doing. Apparently Lily sees her mommy messy-haired, still in her pajamas, struggling to keep up with more children than she can handle.
Ain't it the truth.

Yet she loves those babies dearly,

even if the act of caring for them sometimes knocks her over.

But oh, the sweet moments are so sweet.

If this is what Lily sees in me, then I suppose I'm okay with it.

Side note: Chris is Superman, and fixed our oven today. Life can resume as normal, except that I am immensely proud of my man.

No comments:

Post a Comment