January 24

I am so thankful that parenting is a team sport, because my husband is way more fun than I am. He and I got up with the kids this morning, but after I made them breakfast and we had all eaten, I climbed back into bed for more sleep. 

Chris, meanwhile, decided to load all three kids up in the BOB and go for a walk around the neighborhood. I groggily checked my phone, which informed me that at 9:30 it was only 36 degrees out, but Chris was unfazed. I told him I thought it was a bad idea, but he was undaunted.

Two hours later, my family returned, all giggling and happy. Actually, I looked out the window and saw Caleb and Daisy playing with neighbors in the driveway, Chris pushing an empty stroller piled with books, and Lily toddling along behind him. I threw on a sweatshirt and joined Chris, the kids, and our neighbors in the back yard to watch everyone play on the swing set, and I was surprised to find that it was actually very pleasant outside!

Chris told me that they had walked up to the high school nearby and played on the track. He had brought a frisbee, a soccer ball, and a football, and the kids had a great time running around on the turf. Then they walked to the library, where Caleb immediately found himself a pile of books and sat down in a chair to read. Then they headed home to play with the neighbors in the sunshine. 
All in all, a great morning.

Chris shared these photos from his phone:
The kids enjoyed climbing up the school's giant N. I'm not sure it was intended for that, but whatever. Look at Lily, climbing up the hill! You go, girl!

I'm pretty sure Caleb and Daisy are preparing to slide down the N, as if it were a giant slide.

I love Caleb and Daisy, sharing the lead, and Lily running after them.

Lily found a frisbee!

Our yard was pretty muddy today, but the artificial turf was perfect for playing!

I'm pretty sure Chris had them doing sprints.

This one of all three kids in the BOB, all reading library books is my favorite of the day. These kids are blessed to have such an awesome Daddy! (This mommy might be blessed to have him for a husband, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment