January 5

Caleb went back to school today; this morning I rubbed essential oils all over him, fed him vitamins and elderberry syrup, and prayed over him at the bus stop. I so don't want to invite sickness back into our home!

Lily napped today. It was only for an hour and a half, but she went down easily and slept for 12 hours last night without waking, so I'm calling it all a win. When she woke from her nap, though, her pants were a little bit damp from a leaky diaper, so we needed to change them. Unfortunately, she didn't want to let me put pants on her; she wanted to do it herself. This is a daily occurrence now, but the problem is that she hasn't mastered the skill yet. In fact, she has not once successfully put pants on herself. She almost did it this morning, but the pants were on inside-out and she couldn't get them up over her big cloth diaper. 

So of course when she was adamant about putting on her own pants, I grabbed my camera and began filming. What follows is nearly four minutes of Lily trying to put pants on, and it is a very accurate depiction of why I never get anything done, ever.
(Spoiler alert: she never actually gets the pants on.)


I know it's long, but it really is pretty cute.

Also cute was dinner prep tonight. I put Lily on the counter so she could watch while I rinsed and tore up some kale to make kale chips, and after watching me handle a few leaves, Lily decided to help.

She was actually remarkably helpful! I thought it was especially sweet because it was all of her own volition, and it was the first time she's ever tried to actually help in the kitchen. She's not even 18 months old yet, but she's already such a big girl!

(And yes, she's wearing a pajama shirt over her other shirt. Her request. And yes, she is wearing pants. After the video above, she wandered around in just her diaper for nearly an hour, until her legs got cold and she finally allowed me to help her put her pants on. So it goes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment