January 26

The girls and I thoroughly enjoyed our Do-Nothing Monday, in which we did... nothing. Need proof? I have photographic evidence.

Exhibit A: a completely unimpressive picture of Lily holding her baby doll.

Exhibit B: a nearly minute-long video of Lily attempting to put on her pants.
Yes, I know I shared a similar video a month or so ago. The struggle is real, and it continues.

Exhibit C: cell phone pictures

I did manage to do some online shopping today. Chris and I got a little bit of Christmas money, and decided to use it to replace our printer (which is the bane of my existence) and update the external hard drive on our computer (because the current one is maxed out with photo files. Go figure). While I was making those purchases, Lily and Daisy were playing happily together in the other room. Suddenly I noticed that Daisy was with me, and Lily was somewhere at the other end of the house calling, "Mama? Mamaaaaa?" She wasn't panicked or upset; she just wanted me. When she didn't come to me for help like she normally does, I went looking for her and found this:
Once again, the girl had managed to climb into the doll stroller, and Daisy just left her there. I laughed for a solid minute. Eventually, Daisy came back and pushed Lily all over the house in it. It's a sturdy little thing, given how inexpensive it was!

Naptime came, and Lily went down for her nap pretty easily. Two hours later, though, as I was settling in for a nap of my own, she began crying. Usually she just wakes up, but this time she just cried. When she didn't settle down, I went in to her room and Lily looked up at me and said, "Mama!"
I grabbed her, brought her to my room, and laid her down next to me.

Boom. 45 extra minutes of nappage. It was a win for both of us.
(Also, I hope my belly in this picture leaves no room for doubt as to why I might need 45 extra minutes of nappage. Mama is tired!)

I love being there when Lily first wakes up, because she is so sweet and snuggly and loving.

I also love that I made this silly face, she saw it on the phone, and mimicked it. Funny girl.

 
And then she turned her socks into mittens. 

Exciting stuff here, people!

Things I want to remember about right now:
Lily has just started calling me Mama. Before, it was MA! But now it's a sweet "Mama" when she calls for me. I love it.

Daisy has just started writing her name. It's amazing - she went from nothing to writing her whole name overnight! She doesn't always get it right, and often it's not legible unless you know what you're looking for, but it's a huge leap. At the same time, she also started drawing people! Lately she's been drawing the women of Star Wars. Love that girl. 

Caleb can totally read. He doesn't like to, because it's work, but he can do it. It's amazing.

Lily just started using two-word phrases this week. Her phrase today? 
"Good juice."
We had chocolate milkshakes (made from homemade coconut cream ice cream) after dinner tonight, but Lily kept calling hers "juice". Then she said, "Good juice", and it was clearly the most profound and appropriate thing ever. My daughter is a prodigy.

No comments:

Post a Comment