January 1

Happy New Year!
I finished 2014 with 324 blog posts, which isn't too shabby! Better than 2013 or 2012, but not as good as 2011 or 2010, which were both in the 340s.

I started my year by sleeping in until after 9 am, which is how I wish every day of the year would go. Unfortunately, we all know it won't happen, so I'll savor my one late morning. It's a good thing I got so much sleep, because I have officially come to the conclusion that Lily either hates me or she hates napping, or possibly she hates both me and napping. Or maybe she hates the idea of me being able to nap, and thus she refuses to nap herself.

Regardless of her motivation, the point is that no napping occurred in my house today. Napless days are always frustrating for me, but they have been happening with greater frequency lately. It was even more frustrating today because we were invited to two separate celebrations during nap time, and I skipped both of them because the girls were supposed to be sleeping. Then neither girl slept, but I had sent Chris and Caleb off to one celebration and I had no car seats to take the girls anywhere. It was awful, and I'm feeling a huge sense of foreboding as we prepare for Yoey's arrival in just a few months. If I don't figure out this Lily-napping thing soon, life with a newborn is going to be very unpleasant.

My mom came over to offer some moral support/distract the girls, and she arrived right after Chris and Caleb returned home. Lily's vocabulary has exploded recently, and today she began calling my mom "Namaw". Cute, right? Mom entertained the kids, had a talk with Caleb about being respectful to Mommy and Daddy (he was upset that he didn't get screen time today), and offered me a bit of a break while Chris fetched some pizza for dinner. 

In the midst of that, I didn't take any pictures. But when Mom texted me with a question while I was reading bedtime stories to Caleb and Daisy, we responded with a few bedtime selfies for her.

Caleb was adamant that he wanted the bear's face to be in the picture, not his own face. Funny kid.

Daisy's selfie. 
(Not actually a selfie, since I took it for her, but she could see herself as we took the photo and chose which face she was making.)

Caleb's selfie. He actually took this one himself. What a handsome little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment