January 4

Well. After a busy day yesterday, today was... a dud.

We had every intention of going to church this morning, and yet somehow I ended up sleeping so late that it was impossible for us to get there before church was over. Oops. So instead, we hung around the house and did nothing all day.

They are neither in-season nor organic, but raspberries were $1.25 at the grocery store, so of course I bought several boxes. Lily has figured out how nicely they fit on her fingers, and it's so much fun to watch her! (She's also figured out the same thing about sliced black olives. This age is such fun!)

I can't remember now why Daisy was hugging Caleb; I think maybe it was for no reason at all? I turned around to see them both standing on the banquette (not allowed, by the way), and Daisy had her arms wrapped around her brother as he ate a Rice Krispie treat. (Yep. Not only are we eating non-organic raspberries, I am also now letting my kids eat Rice Krispie treats on occasion. Chris and Caleb made these while I was grocery shopping yesterday; it was perhaps the first time Chris has ever made Rice Krispie treats, and I was delighted that he was willing to tackle it with Caleb.)

Please note that Daisy did not eat all of her lunch, so she didn't get a Rice Krispie treat of her own. But she didn't seem to mind - she was too happy snuggling her brother!

Lily (also standing on the banquette - seriously, do these kids not know the rules around here?) started cheesing as soon as I got my camera out to take a picture of her brother and sister. I mean it literally. As soon as I snapped a picture of Caleb and Daisy, I heard "Cheeeee" coming from Lily's direction. She was happy with the Rice Krispie treats, too.

Christmas is put away, Chris is back at work, and Caleb goes back to school tomorrow. I guess that means the holidays are officially over, and life as usual must resume. It also means that we have just about two months until Yoey arrives! My prenatal appointments are up to every two weeks now, which makes everything seem a bit more real. Still, March seems pretty far away. Funny how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment