August 5

Today, we dumped out the costume bin.

The kids play with their costumes quite a bit, but we don't usually dump out the bin. Typically, they play with the same few things that are on top. But today, we dumped, and much fun was had.

Lily was Batman, Daisy was a bunny (who was definitely wearing a shirt), and Eli was Wonder Woman. Because, why not?

I cannot even begin to describe how pleased Eli was with the Wonder Woman costume. He was so proud of himself in it! He actually pulled it out of the costume pile and brought it to me for help putting it on. Sweet boy!

Lily saw that Eli was a superhero and decided that she wanted to be a superhero, too!

Cell phone picture of the same moment. Look at how they're holding hands! Aren't they the cutest ever? Eli seriously adores Lily right now, and it is so sweet.

Caleb got in on the costume action, too. I have no explanation for his getup, or for his pose in this picture.

Then we moved our picture-taking outside. Daisy refused to be a part of this picture because she slipped in her shoes, but the other three are really happy!

Not happy.
There always has to be one unhappy kid.

But Jedi Wonder Woman was pretty happy.

And then Eli discovered the giraffe costume, and it became his new favorite. 
Can you see how happy he is? I love him so much!

Lily was being Princess Sophia, and she really wanted to be in this picture with Eli.

I think this is her Princess Sophia ballerina pose?

Then I popped my happy little giraffe up in my gorgeous new ring sling.

Then I tried out my babywearing challenge carries for yesterday and today. Yesterday was Robin's Hip Carry. It was alright, but I hate tying wraps under a baby's bum. It's just awkward for me.

We tried it again, this time with my long wrap and a ring. Daisy was my test subject this time, and she was very happy to be up in my wrap!

Then we moved on to today's carry, again with Daisy. Today was a no-sew ring sling. By this point, Daisy was taunting her siblings that she was up in the wrap, and they weren't. That girl is such a stinker! It's a good thing she's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment