August 23

It was a hectic day today!

We had a birthday party in the morning, got home in time for lunch, Caleb had speech, then Special Time with Grandmother, then soccer practice for Caleb and at the same time, a photo session for me.

The birthday party was a swimming party, and I knew that I was taking a chance by taking all four kids to a pool party by myself. But since they have consistently done well in every pool they've been to, I thought it would be fine. I was wrong. The pool was much deeper than they were used to, only Coast Guard approved flotation devices were allowed, and they weren't allowed to play on the steps to the pool.

In other words, I had 1 capable swimmer and 3 who either had to sit on the edge of the pool or have my undivided attention. 3 kids and 1 mama = we had to leave. It was so disappointing for everyone, but the kids had really good attitudes about it. 

When we got home, I made them a special treat to compensate for the missed party. 
What I mean is, they basically ate Puppy Chow for lunch. Whatever.

Gayle dropped Caleb and Daisy off right on time, so Caleb had just enough time to change into his soccer clothes and eat a quick dinner. Then my mom came over to stay with the little ones while I had my photo shoot and Chris took Caleb to soccer.
Then it started raining, and my photo session was cancelled. Boo! But it meant that the hectic evening suddenly became a pleasant afternoon visit with my mom.

Also, she brought new crayons and nature journals for the kids! They were thrilled.
Eli was so excited to have crayons of his own!

Hi, sweet baby!
(He adamantly chose his shirt today. Funny kid.)

Lily woke up from her nap while Grandma was here, and when she woke I told her I had a surprise for her in the piano room. She ran in to find Grandma, and was so happy!

When she saw all of her new crayons, she was even happier.

This is a very happy little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment