August 26

Months ago, I volunteered to photograph a charity golf scramble for an organization I think is fantastic. It was kind of a big deal, because it was an all-day thing on a weekday, so Chris had to take the day off work. Being the supportive husband that he is, he agreed. 

Today was the day, and before it was even time for me to leave, Chris had all four kids ready to go on a walk to the library, nature journals in hand. He later texted me that the nature walk was so much fun, and that the kids were so interested in observing everything that he takes for granted. I'm so glad Chris was able to get a little window into what our school days are like while I was out doing things like this:

Riding on the back of a golf cart as other volunteers drove me around to photograph golfers and sponsor signage.

Hanging out with one of my very favorite friends.

And - after a quick stop at home for the briefest shower ever after a sweaty day on the course - a trip to the hair salon for a new 'do:
She cut off almost 5 inches, and I'm feeling really sassy. Look out, World!

So. No pictures of kids, but a very fulfilling day for me. Thanks, Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment