August 10

The kids in our neighborhood went back to school today.
If I weren't homeschooling the kids, today would be Daisy's first day of kindergarten.
I'm 75% certain that I am making the right decision when it comes to homeschooling Caleb and Daisy this year, but today still felt really weird. I felt sad that Daisy didn't get to experience getting on the big yellow bus and going to kindergarten. I know she would have rocked it. 
Maybe it just feels weird because we haven't started yet. Our co-op doesn't start until after Labor Day, and I will start slowly easing the kids into school next week. But I don't have any concrete plans, and I suppose I'm having some anxiety and regret about the whole thing.

Still, I think we're doing the right thing.

It just feels weird right now.

So we went to a playground today while all of our neighbors were at school.
This is my homeschooled child.
I am 100% responsible for this.

Eli rocks the playground now, and he knows it.

He's about to go down a slide. 
Also, it was hot. See the sweat running down his face?
And new shoes. He just moved up a size in shoes. My boy is growing!

Having a playground to ourselves is fun!

Warning. Cute baby alert.

Her curls kill me. Aren't they perfect?

I love this picture.

He found an acorn. He was actually more excited about it than he looks. 

Lily also moved up a shoe size and discovered a whole new shoe wardrobe.
Actually, she moved up two sizes. I feel like a bad mom for not noticing that her shoes were too small!

She's walking on a "balance beam".

"Look, Mommy! I balancing!"

Daisy gathered acorns. She asked me to put this handful in my pocket, but I told her no.
Hours later, I changed my clothes and guess what fell out of my pocket? 
Daisy's handful of acorns. 
Girl is a stinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment