August 12

Such a busy day today! We started with a visit to Chris' bank so that we could sign closing documents to refinance our mortgage. (Rates are so low right now that by refinancing, we can keep our payment the same and pay off the house sooner. Winning!) I did have to bring all four kiddos with me, though, which could have been awful. Thankfully, at his birthday party last night Max gave each of the kids a little Lego set. It was just the entertainment they needed while Chris and I signed documents!
The closing only took about thirty minutes, but then the kids spent another 15-20 minutes exploring Chris' office and saying hello to his co-workers. They love visiting him at work!

Then we headed to Amber's house for a short playdate, since we were already halfway there. I don't have any pictures, but there is some awesome construction work going on at her house that the children found highly entertaining. Man-sized holes, cement being poured... it was exciting stuff!

We made it home in time for some playtime and lunch. We in the middle of a house project that is going to turn one of our least-used rooms into one of the most awesome rooms in the house, and I am so excited. That means, though, that things in the house are a bit... jumbled and chaotic?... right now.

It also means that toys and play items that have previously been hidden have suddenly came to light, and I'm too distracted to fight them.
Enter Window Crayons.

My mom picked these up for us a year or two ago, and I love the concept. We have big, wide windows that are perfect for this! However, they are messy. Seriously messy, and cleanup is a beast. So I hid them away after a few uses, but Daisy found them a few days ago and finally wore me down enough that I allowed her to play with them.

I know. It looks totally fun, doesn't it? Too bad the cleanup is a disaster.

Eli wanted so badly to participate in the window drawing, but I just couldn't take the risk of him drawing all over everything. These "crayons" are more like grease pencils or oil pastels. Really messy.

But so much fun!
(Side  note: you can see a bit of our butterfly garden out there. It has been so rewarding this year - we have tons of butterflies, and even two or three hummingbirds that come several times a day. It's so much fun to watch!)

In the evening, Emily, Billy, and the boys came over for dinner while Billy worked on installing can lights in the front room. It's part of the project I mentioned, and it is going to be fabulous! Billy worked, Chris assisted, the kids played, and Emily and I chatted. Perfect!

Ha! Sweet Eli found an old computer keyboard and was typing away while the big kids watched a movie.

"Book? Book? Wread? Wap?"

Things I love:
Max dressed as Darth Vader.
Three sweet cousins.
The fact that they have a whole couch to sit on, but they are choosing to sit all snuggled together. 
I love these kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment