August 21

Did I mention that Chris is training for a half marathon? 
He is. 
He's about halfway through his training, and today he did a 9-mile run before church. He's so respectful about his training, and often chooses to get up and run before dawn so that he doesn't disrupt my routine. Today, though, I got up with the little ones at 6:30 because he was out running. I knew to expect him back at a certain time, so we all waited out on the front porch for his return.

Caleb was still asleep.
Even though it's August, it was surprisingly cool out, hence the blankets. But it was great weather for a 9-miler!
Eli was eating half a banana, stuck on a reusable popsicle stick (a morning favorite around here).
Lily was snuggling her baby and didn't want her picture taken.

They were so excited when Chris finally ran up the street!

Then we all ate breakfast and went to church and Costco. After church, my mom stopped by on her way home from her church. We sat on the porch and chatted while the little ones ran in the front yard, and it was lovely.

See? Sweet snuggles from my boy. I love him!

What I don't have pictures of is how funny Lily was. She plays Ring Around the Rosie while spinning around a street light in our yard, except she doesn't know the words. So for the part where it goes, "Ashes, ashes, we all fall down!"
she sings,
"Package, package, we all fall down!"
and she calls the game "Package".
It is so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment