August 16

I'm actually writing this on August 23, because I have slacked and not blogged or picked up my camera much for the past week. Oops. With school starting and all kinds of last-minute photography things popping up, I've just been busy. 
But I'll try to do better!

August 16, for example.
All three big kids needed to see the dentist, so I scheduled a 7 am dentist appointment. Normally, I am still in bed at 7 am, and around 7:30 Eli climbs back into my bed for his second nursing session of the morning. When he finishes, the girls usually join me for a snuggle, and we don't really get moving until close to 8. But today, I was up at 6 and we were out the door at 6:40. 
Why so early?
So that Chris could come, too. He stayed in the waiting room with Eli while I went back with the big kids. It was a perfect setup, and totally worth the loss of sleep! All three kids did great - no cavities, perfectly compliant, and the hygienist and dentist didn't bat an eye when I declined x-rays, fluoride, and sugar-free popsicles. Win!

Mandatory "Done with the Dentist" photo. Caleb doesn't look thrilled, does he?
But he was thrilled later, when I told him that we were going to see Jenny at work for breakfast. He's always up for a restaurant breakfast!

The kids were insane at Jenny's store, but luckily we were the only customers there. 

When we got home, we did an awesome science experiment. Actually, we started it yesterday, and finished it today.

This is Edward the Egg:
It was an egg from our friendly local chicken farmer, and we dropped it in a glass of vinegar yesterday afternoon. Gradually, the vinegar dissolved the hard shell until all that was left was the membrane enclosing the yolk. It felt like a really firm water balloon, and we could kind of see through it when we held it up to the light.


Pretty cool, huh?

Once everyone was done examining it, we took it outside and Caleb threw it down on the sidewalk with a mighty splat. 
It was just like an egg-filled water balloon.
Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment