August 25

I woke up this morning to a very-excited Caleb.
"Mommy! Mommy! Come look at what I built!"
He was adamant that I get my camera or phone and take a picture of his latest Lego creation. New Lego creations are a daily (sometimes hourly) occurrence here; they almost always are some sort of fighter space ship or vehicle of some sort. That's why I was surprised by this one.
Pardon the bizarre composition of this image; I was still groggy and hadn't had my coffee yet. Can you see it? It's a Lego playground, and Daisy built something or other to go with it. It's blog-worthy because:
 1. He was so proud
and
2. It is not Star Wars or Ninjago-related.

I think this is specifically tied to Special Time with Grandmother, because they spend lots of time with Grandmother building things like houses and pools and non-Star Wars/Ninjago things. I'm so excited to see him expanding his vision and being more creative! Thanks, Gayle!

I have no idea what is going on here, but Eli was really happy. Don't worry, Mom. No Legos were lost in Eli's ear.

Once I got some coffee in me, I had Caleb bring his creation out to the kitchen for a real picture.
So. there you go: a Lego playground.
He has begged me to submit it to the Lego magazine (he's a VIP member of the free Lego club, and gets a free magazine each month. No, I'm not making this up.), but I just tried and apparently there are to be no real people in the pictures submitted, so I'll have to take a Caleb-free picture and submit it.

Also, at naptime, this happened: 
Sweet baby Eli, playing with the light-up letter E his GREAT Aunt Magggie gave him. 
(Don't worry, Mom. The lights aren't hot. He didn't burn his little finger.)

No comments:

Post a Comment