August 7

Jenny came over to help with bedtime tonight, and as I type this she has been in with Lily for an hour. I just peeked my head into Lily's room, and I'm pretty sure that Lily is still awake, but Jenny is sound asleep. Too funny!

I wanted to take the kids on an adventure today, but they couldn't agree on where we would go. I wanted to have peace more than I wanted an adventure, so we stayed home. We did bring the toy stroller and shopping cart up from the basement, though, so the girls had a grand time playing pretend. Lily packed a bag with a toy camera, a toy phone, toy keys, and her wallet. She learns from the best! She tossed her bag on her arm and waved, "Bye-bye, Mommy!"
Where are you going, Lou?
Church!
Ok! Have fun!

As if that weren't cute enough, Lily also chose to wear this outfit for the first time today:
It's been hanging in her closet for a while, and I was afraid it wouldn't fit, but it fit perfectly! This was an outfit that my sisters and I wore when we were little, and it is just the sweetest thing ever. I'm pretty sure my older sister's nursery was decorated in a similar yellow gingham, wasn't it, Mom?

So.
Vintage + family heirloom + ponytail + pretend play = Lily is just too cute.

I also stumbled upon this selfie from yesterday. I know my face is the first thing you'll look at, and you'll wonder why I'm sharing it.
Then you'll look at sweet Eli and realize that I managed to catch him mid-spit up. Awesome. Just doing my job, documenting things for posterity here.

Eli was not cooperative about bedtime, so I decided to do what I do best, and wear that baby. 
Kid didn't even last fifteen minutes and he was out cold. I wore him a bit longer just to make sure, then transferred him to his crib, easy peasy. Babywearing FTW!

(and Lily is still talking in her room. I wonder if I should go wake Jenny up?)

No comments:

Post a Comment