August 23

I think I'm in a funk, or just feeling overwhelmed by life right now. I want to take a break from blogging, but the blog isn't just the blog, it's The Blog, so I must go on. Be patient with me.

We served in the nursery at church today, and Eli had so much fun playing with the other babies. Really. He was noticeably happy to interact with them, which was fun. After church was lunch, then naps, but not a nap for Daisy. Her sleep has been so weird lately: at nap time, she takes a few hours to fall asleep, then finally falls asleep, then freaks out when we try to wake her for dinner, then wakes up super early in the morning and disrupts Caleb's sleep. So Chris and I decided to stop trying to make her nap and see what happens. I hate to give that up, but it might be what she needs. So far, so good. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Chris fell asleep for an hour while putting Lily down for her nap (LUCKY.) and when he woke he took Caleb and Daisy for a bike ride around the lake: Daisy in the little seat up front, which she will only fit in for five more pounds, and Caleb on his tag-along bike.

When they got home, Eli was excited to snuggle with his daddy.
I didn't even bother editing these pictures. Sorry/not sorry.
I love the way Chris is holding him, and I love Eli's funny little monkey feet.

Hi, cutie pie!
(Lily says "cutie pie", and it is truly funny.)
(Do you see how Eli has his toes spread wide? He seems to do that when he's happy; it's like he's happy all the way down to the tips of his toes, and I love it.)

More of the same, but look at those little feet!

When Lily woke up from her nap, Chris took the older three to the pool. Eli was supposed to nap, but instead he nursed for half an hour, tricked me, and then insisted on being awake. Then he rode on my back while I made dinner, while everyone else splashed at the pool and had fun. 
(Do I sound bitter? Maybe I am.)
I think maybe I need time away from my kids. Do they have Mommy preschool? That would be fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment