August 14

Instead of waking to the sound of Caleb and Daisy bickering about being Jedi masters this morning, I woke to the sound of Daisy vomiting.

Yep, it was that kind of day. Apparently the virus Lily had last week is a "slow build" kind of thing. Daisy has been complaining about a headache for several days, and today the puking finally caught up with her. The poor girl was miserable.

Thankfully, she chose to sleep like this for most of the late morning/afternoon.

When Daisy woke up puking at 6, Eli and Lily also decided they wanted to be awake. And Caleb was up, too. It was not my favorite morning. But, it meant that Lily was ready for her nap much earlier than normal. I gave her lunch at 11, and she was down for her nap by noon. And Daisy was zonked on the couch, so Eli and I had some fun snuggle time.

Ok, really, I wanted him to nap, too, but the kid had other plans. Usually he's a great napper, but today involved several short naps instead of the two good naps he usually gives me. It was fine, except that Chris comes home tonight, and I really wanted to get things cleaned up and ready for his return. Eli decided that was a silly idea, so we played.

For a brief while he was content in his jumper. He has just recently figured out how to bounce in it, and he really enjoys it usually. I love having a place to set him, since he doesn't sit or crawl yet and I'm sure he gets tired of lying on the ground all the time.

Bouncing is a great alternative!
But today the bouncing didn't last long. The kid didn't nap well, but he also wasn't really interested in being awake. That kind of day.

My blessed mom came over around 2 and held Eli while I prepped dinner and made my grocery list, and then stayed with the kids while I went grocery shopping. Daisy and Lily both woke up before I left, so Mom got to have all three of them. Before I headed out, I grabbed the mail from the mailbox. I stuck my head in the house to drop off the mail, and realized that just after I stepped out the door, Daisy had puked all over the floor. 
Poor girl.
Poor Grandma. 
We got things cleaned up, and I finally did my grocery shopping. Mom got Caleb off the bus while I was gone, and I returned just after they got home. We ate dinner, and Mom read at least 59 books to the children.

They love their Grandma time!

But Chris literally just got home, and now they get Daddy time again. I'm pretty sure I can hear angels singing. Thank God he's home, and thank God he never has to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment