August 24

Caleb didn't want to go to school again today.

Normally he gets dressed and brushes his teeth right away each morning, then eats breakfast before Chris leaves for work at 7. When I get up a few minutes later, I have a boy who is ready for school. My only job is to feed him a little more breakfast and pack his lunch. 
Not today, though. Today he was still in his jammies at 7:15. He said his stomach hurt, and I almost believed him until he grabbed his belly and yelled, "Ow! Ow! OW!!"
Totally faking.
He didn't have a temperature, either, and declined all of my natural home remedies. Normally I would be inclined to give the kid a "mental health" day and love on him at home all day, but it's only the second week of school. I can't set that precedent. Instead, Caleb and I snuggled and talked. We took the morning slowly. He got to choose what we would have for dinner tonight, and he requested a special treat for his lunch. Done.
However, doing all that meant that he missed the bus, so I had to load the kiddos up in the van and drive Caleb to school. It was a minor thing to help my boy ease into the week better, though, and we even managed to get him to school on time. Win!

When the little ones and I got home, Eli was ready for a nap. Of course. We are entering into that awful season where naps will no longer occur all at once, and my windows to leave the house without sacrificing anyone's nap will be few and far between.

But the girls played happily and we spent time outside enjoying the amazing weather.

After lunch, Lily went down for her nap and Daisy stayed awake. Today was day 2 of Daisy officially no longer napping, and the girl is rocking it. She yawned around 4:00 and probably would have napped, but she soldiered through. We just compensate by putting Caleb and Daisy to bed a little after 7, and so far it is working out well.

All three were awake when it was time to get Caleb off the bus, and Lily even pushed her baby in the stroller.
I know. She is seriously adorable.

While I made dinner, Eli gnawed on this lamb. It is currently his favorite thing ever and he gnaws with a fierce determination that is almost frightening, and wails inconsolably when he drops his little Lambie-Poo.

After dinner, the kids watched Chris mow the lawn. 
Apparently this is fascinating. They sat there, just watching, like Chris' own little cheering section. I loved it.

And then when Chris was done, Lily took a turn, pushing the toy mower down the sidewalk, in her stocking feet. She is so much fun right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment