August 27

This morning, I got Caleb on the bus, took Daisy to preschool, and then took the younger two out for a playdate with MOPS friends. It was a nature walk at a park, with a lovely mile-long path. Lily insisted she wanted to walk, but I knew for sure that she would want the stroller, so I brought the BOB along. Eli was ready for a nap, though, so he was wrapped up on me, and Lily really did want to walk, so I ended up pushing an empty stroller for the first 1/3 mile. Then my friend Lacy comandeered it for her three girls, and then Lily wanted to ride, so at one point Lacy was pushing four children in a double stroller. So it goes.

But then Lily was done riding and done walking, so I borrowed Lacy's Ergo and put Lily on my back. I rocked that tandem carry, while Lacy pushed her girls in my double stroller. It was funny and perfect.

Also funny and perfect? Another friend was carrying her three-year-old daughter, who happened to be wearing...
wait for it...
a Wonder Woman watch.

Seriously. Do you remember that Daisy promised Lily her own Wonder Woman watch, and Lily is now consumed with the idea? You know I asked my friend where she got the watch, and now I just need to make it to WalMart so that Lily can have her own watch.

After our playdate, we picked up Daisy, ate lunch, Lily went down for a nap, Eli took a much-too-short nap, and Daisy helped me make some meatballs for dinner. Then Eli woke up and I rearranged all of our furniture.

Really.

Our dining room is now our living room. It is fabulous.

And Daisy held Eli, which was equally fabulous.
I'm going to post too many pictures of this, because they were too cute to choose. I mean, look at Eli's smile. It's perfect.

But then look at how happy and proud Daisy is here? Equally perfect. I suppose some photoshopping could solve my oversharing of pictures, but ain't nobody got time for that.

And this one is so funny!
(I love that Daisy is wearing her pink skirted leotard, her apron, pink star socks, and gray Converse. That outfit is totally her.)

My cutie pies!
(Lily says "cutie pie", and it is hilarious.)

Silly kids.

OK, that's all. I promise.

We ate dinner in our dining room, at our newly-reclaimed dining room table. Now that Eli is in the high chair, it is really crowded for the whole family to sit at the little kitchen table. I decided that we needed to go back to eating at the dining room table, which makes me really happy. Caleb, however, was devastated to lose his Lego table. Sorry kid. At least he has another Lego table in his room.

At bedtime, I tried again to get a very-tired Eli to sleep, but he wasn't having it. This time, though, after my frustrations yesterday, I didn't waste my time. I wrapped that boy on Chris' back and went to the gym.

When I left, they looked like this: 
Hi, handsome men!

When I returned 45 minutes later, they still looked like that.

Then I took a shower, and when I was clean and in my jammies, I came out to find this: 
Boo-yah. Sound asleep on Daddy's back, with a little bit of spit up on the wrap. Victory!
(OK, really, victory would be Eli sleeping in his crib.  But Eli sleeping while wrapped on someone else's back is a close second place.)

No comments:

Post a Comment