August 10

I'm not sure how it happened, but today was our last Do-Nothing Monday of the summer. It went by so fast, but I feel like I did a pretty good job of balancing fun and freedom this summer.  Today, we read books, played outside, did laundry... it was perfect. Eli has not come anywhere near repeating his sleeping through the night the other day, but that's okay. Today he took an early nap, and Daisy was so excited to go get him when he woke up.

But really, "go get him" means "turn off his noise machine, give him a toy, and sing silly songs until Mommy comes."
Eventually I came to get Eli out of his crib, and Daisy was so excited to hold him! She is convinced that she can carry him around. Never  mind that he is almost half her weight.

Then Lily came in, and of course she wanted to be in the pictures, too. 
I asked the girls to give Eli a tiny kiss, and amazingly, they complied. Lily thought it was hilarious, though, and laughed and said, "tiny kiss!" over and over.

Tiny kiss!

I think Eli really enjoys all of the love from his sisters? Or maybe he just tolerates it. Who knows.

There's a lot of love in that chair!

Then Caleb came in, and he wanted to be in the pictures, too. But Lily wouldn't make room for him in the chair, so I tried to arrange them all on the floor...

Did you really think that would work? I don't know why I even tried. Lily was off and running.

Then we headed outside to play. Here's what Caleb collected today:
5 cicada shells and one deceased cicada,
box elder bugs swarming on our milkweed,
and the tiniest acorns you ever saw.

Lunch time! I earned my pay today.
Yep. That is applesauce all over her arms, face, hair, and tray. Yesterday, she smeared greasy pieces of rotisserie chicken in her hair. I am so thankful for our awesome new faucet and for my mom reminding me of the joys of washing children's hair in the sink. It sure makes cleanup a lot faster than a whole bath!

When the mail I found this card from Chris. I love the fox mama with three sleeping babies and one wide awake. I can't think of anything more appropriate! 

Eli and I sent Chris this selfie as a thank you.

Jenny came over to help with bedtime, but this time Eli had just woken from a nap. I let her play with him while I put the older three down. Eli was a stinker and didn't fall asleep until 9:30.

Four more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment