August 4

It was a rough day. Rough. Caleb made lots of bad choices, Lily and Eli napped poorly, and Daisy was just... Daisy. At least we spent the morning at the Garden. It's crazy that we only have one more Tuesday to spend there before school starts!

The kids discovered this little fountain the last time we were at the Garden, and their new favorite thing is reaching in and pulling out other people's pennies. They love it so much that I don't know how to break it to them that it's bad form to steal people's wishes.
(and I'm pretty sure Lily is eating from her bag of koi fish food.)

We discovered this fountain - in all the time we've been coming to the Garden, I can't remember the water being turned on. The kids were appropriately excited.

They were also entertained by this building with mirrored windows. I took a selfie.They were only moderately cooperative. Story of my life.

Eli took a nice little wrap nap, though.

And when we finally made it to the splash pad, we were delighted to find that my friend Amber and her boys, Andrew and Dean, were there, too.
(I'm pretty sure Caleb is holding his nose in this picture because Drew just accidentally bonked it with his head. Caleb ended up with a bloody nose. Fun times.)

Amber sent me these (much better) pictures of our boys playing, pre-bloody nose. I can't wait for Dean and Eli to be big enough to join in the fun. They will be such good friends!

1 comment: