February 8

Today the sun shined and Chris may very well have sold my old car.
It was a good day.

He's set to close on the sale tomorrow morning; if it all works out, it will be just wonderful. Really, it will be the first thing in the past two weeks that has been simple and complication-free.

In the meantime, we snuggled.

Can you tell how tired I am?

I personally love the background image of Eli's bottle (just emptied of pumped breastmilk, because we're still supplementing his nursing due to that stupid mastitis) sitting atop my giant hospital jug of water. I used to joke that after two home births, the only thing I missed about giving birth in a hospital was the giant cup with the looong bendy straw. Now I have two of those cups, and I'm pretty sure I earned both of them.

While Eli slept, I stumbled upon this sight:
Caleb, reading to Daisy. It was just a little book he had "made" by stapling pages together at school, but he was actually reading it to her and it was the sweetest thing ever. Caleb is still at a stage where he's pretty shy about reading in front of people, so it was heart warming to see him reading to his sister.

I also love how focused Daisy is on what Caleb is reading. I can almost see the wheels turning in her head... "If Caleb can do this, then I bet I can, too!" She's totally trying to figure out the whole reading thing.

Chris went out to show the car to a couple people while Daisy, Lily, and Eli napped. That left Caleb, who was bored, bored, bored. Finally, he asked to call Grandma, and invited her to come over to play with him.

Surprisingly, she agreed. Even better, she brought Grandpa along, too! They played with the kids outside for quite a while. Eli and I even came out to soak up some sunshine.


Then Chris gave the big kids an early bath to wash off all of the sand from the sandbox. Once she was all clean, Lily came toddling out in her jammies to find Grandma - her Grandma - snuggling Eli.
I'm not sure who Lily loves more: Eli, or Grandma. So instead of getting jealous, she crawled right up on Grandma's lap and joined in the party. I, of course, couldn't resist the late-afternoon sun flare.



This one is my favorite, because I think it captures the special connection that Mom and Lily seem to have. Those two just get each other, and it's adorable. Maybe that's why Lily wasn't jealous to find Grandma holding Eli; she knows her place in Grandma's heart is secure.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! Just adorable moments. You look beautiful Carrie!!!

    ReplyDelete