February 4

Well. I saw the doctor about my mastitis today. She totally changed course on my treatment, and I'm encouraged that she has a thorough plan of attack to get me back to health. Unfortunately, she says it will take up to a week to get my pain and swelling down. Ugh. Fortunately, my mom was off work today and able to come with me to the appointment, and spend the whole day at my house to help Chris with the kids. We are so blessed to have her!

Mom will probably hate this picture that Chris took of her reading with Lily, but I don't care. I want to document the fact that she was here, and that the kids love having her here. I am so thankful that Mom knows how we do things, and can just slip into our daily life and go with our rhythm. It makes things so much easier.

Caleb was at school, Daisy was napping, and Lily got some quality alone time with Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, and Eli. Here, Lily is sitting on the bed while I nursed Eli, waiting for her turn to hold him.

Finally, she got her turn. She was thrilled!

And because I know everyone wants to watch a minute and a half of Lily playing with her baby, here is a video:
She is just too cute, and Eli is so tolerant of it!

Hopefully tomorrow finds me feeling significantly better. For now, I'm staying in bed and doing nothing but these blog posts.

1 comment:

  1. Wow how sweet! An older baby inspecting a new baby! It's so crazy bc Lily seems so young still and now another one!

    ReplyDelete