February 17

Today was my first official full day home with the kiddos, all by myself. Chris is back at work, my mom is on vacation, and my mastitis has finally healed to the point that I can function again. (I think it's quite funny that the mastitis has been the worst part of my postpartum recovery. Go figure.) So back to real life we go!

My first task was to bundle up all four children so that we could trek through the snow to take Caleb to the bus stop. I was itching to try out my new wrap, so Eli and I did just that.
As soon as we got back from the bus stop, I took pictures.

Goodness, I love the colors of this wrap! Of course, with a selfie shot, you can't really appreciate how pretty the wrap is or how tiny Eli is when he's wrapped up on me, so I got out my remote to take a picture. Daisy saw what I was doing and totally wanted in on that action.

Tiny Eli, pretty wrap, and... Daisy wearing a mermaid shell bra shirt? 
Yes. This shirt was part of her awesome homemade Halloween costume, and she found it in the back of her drawer today. I'm still not sure whether I should have let her wear it to school today, but I did. I mean, there's nothing actually immodest about it, right?
We have awesome silly faces.

Then Lily wandered in. She's just too funny.

We had twenty minutes between the bus stop and taking Daisy to preschool, so I sat down to eat something. The girls, however, kept their coats on and waited patiently until it was time to go again.

I am not sure why they chose to sit in the corner of my kitchen, right in front of my (very dirty) dishwasher. These girls are so silly!

We dropped Daisy off, and it went great. Eli, Lily and I came home and I nursed Eli while Lily watched Sesame Street. Then we headed to the nearby cloth diaper shop to weigh Eli, since our doctor asked that we do a few weight checks for her records. Eli weighed 5 lbs, 10.5 oz on Wednesday, and they expect to see babies his age gain an ounce a day. That meant we were hoping that today he'd be at least 6 pounds.

He clocked in at 5 lbs, 14.5 oz. 

*whomp, whomp*

I'm still hopeful that maybe he is gaining well, and that the missing two ounces can be attributed to the fact that we were weighing on a different scale. That's possible, right?

I also found some secondhand extra-small newborn-sized cloth diapers, so I picked those up for Eli. Normally, I just wait until my kiddos are about a month old and then put them in regular one-size cloth diapers and skip the newborn ones altogether. But since Eli is so small, I figured I might as well spend the money on some newborn diapers. They only had five in the store, and kid goes through about ten diapers a day, so I could definitely stand to get some more, but it's a start. 

The rest of the day went really well, and ended with a Moms Night Out with my MOPS friends. We had desserts and wine and great conversation, which was just what this mama needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment