February 16

It snowed!
Oh, boy, how it snowed!
We woke up this morning to about four inches of snow, plus more still falling.  I say "we" woke up, but really Chris and the kids woke up to snow falling. Eli and I stayed in bed quite a bit longer. When I finally got up, I found Chris reading the comics to Caleb and Daisy. Don't you love Caleb's getup?
Chris even does voices when he reads the comics to the kids. I love it, and so do they!

Then they all bundled up to play in the snow. 
First on the agenda: snow swinging. Apparently it's way more fun than regular swinging?

Then, sledding, only Daisy insisted that it was called "sleighing".

Sisters on a sled! One is much happier than the other!

Caleb especially had so much fun.

By this point, though, Lily was just about done.

After the middle kids went down for naps, Eli and I bundled up for his craniosacral therapy appointment. We returned home to find Daisy sound asleep, but Caleb and Lily were wide awake and eager to see their Mommy and brother.

Eli was ready to eat, so we climbed into bed to see if the craniosacral therapy was effective. 
Victory! We are all grinning because, for the first time in two weeks, Eli was latched on to my right side and actively nursing!!! (Okay, Lily isn't grinning because she has no idea what is going on. But still.)
I can't even begin to describe how thrilled I was! The therapist gave us some stretches to do, so I'll continue with those and hope and pray that he will continue nursing on both sides. I can't wait to get rid of the pump and just nurse my baby like a normal child!

Speaking of normal children...
Don't you love this messy girl? She has such a nasty cold, and it appears that she has given it to poor Eli. I feel so sad that the little guy has his first cold before he's even three weeks old, but I suppose that's how it goes when you have three big siblings who love you so, so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment