June 9

In one month, Caleb will be four years old. 
In approximately one month (give or take a week or two on either side), we will have a newborn.
I'm still a little bit weirded out by the fact that we will soon be in charge of another human, but I'm assuming that once the baby is actually here, it will feel totally normal.

In the meantime, it was a beautiful morning. Everyone slept well last night, breakfast was easy-peasy, and we  actually made it to church on time for the first time in years. (Really. YEARS.)

Also, everyone's outfits were somehow color-coordinated. So when we got home from church and Chris took the kids to play in the back yard while I put lunch together, I just had to pause and take some pictures.

Can you spot the Daddy?
I love that he's just a big kid during playtime.

Seriously. How sweet are they?
At breakfast this morning, Caleb and I discussed that we go to church to worship God, and so it's respectful to try to dress nicely for church. My main point was that mesh shorts and muscle shirts are not options for churchwear, but Caleb quickly decided that he wanted to "dress up" for church. Thus, the polo shirt and necktie. I love him.

Don't let Daisy's bashful look fool you. Girl is a stinker.
Before getting into the car to go to church this morning, she and Caleb were practicing  their big jumps on the driveway. Daisy must have jumped too high, because she fell and skinned her knee. She chose a Muppets bandaid, and ended up with Super Gonzo on her knee. That bandaid was her badge of honor all morning, and she pointed it out to everyone she met.

Are you getting tired of these pictures yet? I'm definitely not.
 
Then pictures were over, and Caleb wanted to ride on Daddy's shoulders. However, the boy is a Nervous Nelly, and wouldn't let go of Chris' head. The situation didn't end happily for either boy.

This bucket full of rocks and rainwater functions as our garden birdbath. It ain't pretty, but the birds and the kids sure love it.  

1 comment:

  1. Caleb gets cuter every day! I got the ones you sent, love them! Adam and I laughed again about the mustache photos!

    ReplyDelete