June 17

A muggy morning led to some really delightful afternoon thunderstorms today, and Caleb and Daisy both woke up from their naps right in the middle of it. I went to get Daisy from her crib, and the first thing she said was, "I hear big funner! I hear big funner in my curtains! Funner too loud. Loud funner all gone?"

I asked her if she wanted to sit on the front porch and watch the storms, and she eagerly agreed. One of my favorite things about this house is how well it works with thunderstorms: we can keep our windows open during all but the heaviest of downpours, and the swing on our deep covered porch is the best place to enjoy a thunderstorm. So Caleb, Daisy, and I sat on the swing and watched the storm.

Can you tell from the bedhead and groggy expressions that they both just woke up? Daisy's hair seems to get curlier during naptime, which is really funny. She's plugging her ears  because she thinks the "funner" is too loud.

For some reason, Caleb decided that Daisy needed kisses, despite the fact that he was busy plugging his ears.

Daisy liked the kisses, and Caleb thought they were hilarious.

Oh, goodness. This third child will have a lot to live up to!

Oh. Another kiss. 
(Sorry that I'm posting a gajillion similar pictures, but they're all so cute that I just had to share them.)

Ha! I love these kiddos!

Thunderstorm + happy kiddos = one happy mama. 

1 comment: