June 3

It is June now.
I am having a baby in July.
How did this happen? I need to get to work.

But instead of working today, we joined a bunch of church friends at a playground for a playdate. It was so much fun!

Daisy wouldn't smile for my friend Sara's camera, but she smiled for mine!
(It may be June, but  it was in the mid-60s this morning, hence the cardigan and leggings.)

Daisy was unwilling to play at first, preferring to cling to my legs. But eventually she warmed up and began exploring the playground. She thought these pretend trees, with built-in peepholes, were particularly funny.

And Caleb? He was awesome. As soon as I unbuckled him from his car seat, he took off running toward the playground. I didn't have to entertain him once, because he spent the whole time running and playing with his friends. Almost-four is a pretty fantastic age (most of the time).

The kids must have played hard. By the time we got home, Daisy was sound asleep, with a drool spot on her chest. She slept contentedly for over three hours, which is a rarity lately. Hooray for play dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment