June 20

After yesterday's fervid organizing blast, we were content to hang  and do nothing today. Caleb and Daisy spent at least two hours playing happily in the water table and water bucket, while I propped up my feet, sipped some iced tea with mint, and played all of the word games in the newspaper. It was a good morning.

Caleb happily arranged the sprinkler to create his water slide again.

He loves this! 

Poor kid. His bucket pool is getting a little bit small!

Mmmm... that looks like a good idea! Perhaps I'll rest my weary feet in there at the end of the day!

I promise, Daisy had a swim suit on at some point. She's getting remarkably adept at removing her own clothes, though, and then she's so proud of herself that I can't bring myself to put the clothes back on her.

Or maybe I'm just too lazy to do it?

Regardless. The girl is happy when she's naked, and I'm happy when she's happy.

Daisy woke up from her nap with a dry diaper, so I thought we'd play at pottying for a while. She sat on the potty in her room, and we read books and sang songs for twenty or thirty minutes.
Nothing.

Then I needed to start dinner, so I left her in her room and went into the kitchen.
That mischievous little monkey picked up her potty and followed me into the kitchen. Thirty more minutes, and still nothing. She had to go, but she refused to do it on the potty - or anywhere else, for that matter. Eventually, she had to go badly enough that she insisted for a diaper. 
It would appear that she's just too stubborn to potty train right now. Oh well. I have other things to worry about right now!

Later, my mom came over, bearing plants for my garden, homebirth supplies, and toy monkeys that my sister got for the kiddos.

I'm not sure whether Caleb was more excited about Grandma, the monkey (hooked around his neck), or Grandma's glasses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment