June 26

That little plastic swimming pool may have been the best summertime purchase we've ever made.

This morning, Caleb and Daisy and I rocked a shopping excursion, and my reward for them was a visit to a local park that features a splash pad. They were all for it - until we got there. Daisy eagerly changed into her swim clothes, then refused to get wet. Caleb played long enough to get soaking wet, and then decided he was done. Meanwhile, I had to stand in the hot sun because the two shady benches were taken up by people's towels and a pair of grouchy old men who actually asked one young mom and her 18-month-old daughter to move so they could sit in the shade.

That was a bust.

Luckily, I was able to lure my children to the car by promising them some time in our very own pool. Worked like a charm, and this tired, grumpy, absurdly pregnant mama was able to relax in the shade while Caleb and Daisy entertained themselves.

Well, actually, I did arrange the little plastic slide so that it could be a water slide for them. But otherwise, I did nothing.

Dear Grace, that Saxoflute is absolutely the best and worst toy ever. They love it. I hide the whistle for it unless we're outside and I'm willing to deal with the noise.

But boy do they love it.

And then this boy figured out that if he puts the whistle in the water, it makes a bird noise.

That was actually pretty entertaining.

1 comment: