June 8

I had to actually get up early this morning, and remarkably Daisy chose today to sleep in. But Caleb was up with the sun, as usual. (I'm so thankful we got him the "OK to Wake" alarm clock. It works like a charm for him! Most days, he's up and in our room at 6 am, right when his clock turns green.)

The benefit to being awake so early was that I got to see this:
He was reading Go, Dog, Go!
Clearly it's an engrossing read.

Then I went off to work the ACT test. When I returned, Chris told me that Seth, a friend since middle school, was in town and would be stopping by in a little bit. We had a lovely visit while the kids napped, and when Caleb woke up he was delighted to play Frisbee with Daddy's friend.
(Have I mentioned about Caleb and Frisbee? He. LOVES. It.)

Caleb actually has a pretty good arm and can throw the disc pretty well, but is too scared to catch it.
(We are clearly in dire need of a new Frisbee; ours has been cracked and smashed by numerous cars running over it, and by being flung against brick walls. Remarkably, it still flies pretty well, despite all of the duct tape holding it together!

After much practice and coaching, Caleb caught the Frisbee for the first time!

We were all pretty proud.

Then Caleb was done playing Frisbee and asked to use my camera. He took this picture of me, though I'm blaming the low angle for how wide I look. I'm pretty sure it's distorted; I mean, I AM nearly 36 weeks pregnant, but I don't think I'm actually this wide and lumpy.
Or maybe I am.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Seth came to visit, how fun! Crazy that now Chris has almost three kids and they are still in touch.

    ReplyDelete