October 8

Today was:
My mom's birthday
Day one of our new diet
Columbus Day (a bank holiday - we love those!)
Swing set day!

While my friend Amber and her kids entertained us this morning, Chris got to work with his dad and our neighbor, Terry, assembling our new swing set. Our generous, kind neighbors two doors up the street, whom we barely know, were looking to get rid of the swing set their fourteen-year-old son had long outgrown. We had never really thought about having a swing set in our yard - we bought in a neighborhood with a playground because we didn't want to have to worry about getting one of our own - but when the opportunity presented itself, we couldn't say no.

It was a good call.

After the menfolk worked a few hours on Saturday to disassemble and move the swing set, they spent three more hours today reassembling it. Sadly, the kids were down for naps when they finished, so Grandad and Terry didn't get to see how much they appreciated the fruits of their labor.

But Chris and I got to see it, and it was AWESOME.
Daisy was over-the-moon excited about the swing set. I'm pretty sure she nearly exploded with joy.

I confess: I tried it out, too. 
(And these child birthin' hips barely fit down the slide! I need to work on that!)

Caleb christened this little space "The Attic" and he loves it!

Can you tell? Can you tell how excited she is? About to burst, I tell you!

Caleb went down the slide approximately 1,783 times.

Mmm-hmm. This girl can climb up the ladder all by herself. (Not that I trust her to do it all by herself yet, but she CAN.)

So pleased with her accomplishment!

I can't remember the last time I saw Daisy so excited! Caleb was really excited, too, but Daisy? Well, she took the term to a whole new level.

Happily swinging away. 
Can you believe the neighbors even had a baby bucket seat for Daisy? What a blessing! Chris and I would never, NEVER have sought out a swing set for our children. Instead, God plopped it in our laps.  Again, what a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that's not just any swing set, it's a Rainbow swing set. Those things are one thousand dollars at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete