October 5

It rained all day, so we stayed inside and hid.
Caleb and Daisy refused to eat their lunch.
Our friends Caleb and Hannah came over to play for a little bit between lunchtime and naptime, and Daisy spent all evening saying, "Hannah. Hannah. HANNNNNNAH!" She was pretty pleased that she could say her friend's name. But who am I kidding? I was pleased, too. It's pretty cute.

Then both kids took naps, and both woke up fussing and angry because they refused to eat lunch. Each child wanted to be snuggled; neither child wanted to share; both children wanted their snuggling at the same time. I got them calmed down, and then Caleb asked me to wear him in the Ergo. Since I had no reason to say no, I popped him on my back... and watched Daisy's face crumple. She wanted to be on me, too, but Caleb was already there. My solution? My first attempt at tandem-toddler-babywearing.
Daisy on the front in the ring sling, and Caleb on the back in the Ergo. That's 55 pounds of baby on me. We lasted about 45 minutes like this, until both children felt well-snuggled and my back was screaming for mercy. It's definitely not something I would do on a regular basis, but in a pinch, it's a winner.

Then our Cardinals played their wild card game. We may not have cable, but we can't miss an important game like that, so I convinced Chris to pony up so we could watch it online. 
Caleb and Daisy were entranced. Daisy is snuggling a Fredbird doll, and Caleb has a plush Cardinal ball.

After dinner (we did something totally out of character and ate dinner in the kitchen, watching the game on the TV), Chris found Mr. Ducklips, who entertained Caleb with a smooth-talking commentary on the game. Caleb didn't fully appreciate the duck's comments, but I found them to be quite amusing.

Meanwhile, Daisy played peek-a-boo (or "Bah-boo", in Daisy words) in the tent, brought into our kitchen for the special occasion. (What? Post-season baseball isn't a special occasion in your home?)

We're all running a 5k tomorrow, and the forecast says it will be 41 degrees at race time. Oh, my.

No comments:

Post a Comment