October 27

(Pardon my typing - I sliced my thumb open with a chef's knife today, and mangled my pointer finger yesterday. Two wounded fingers = clumsy typing. Except that I'm too much of a perfectionist to publish an error-filled blog post, so I'm going back and fixing everything. So this is taking twice as long. Nevermind.)

Earlier this week, our neighbors invited to join their extended family for their annual end-of-October bonfire. Since we're always up for a bonfire, we were quick to accept. What fun we had tonight!
How cute is she? It was a little bit chilly this evening, but our kiddos are good at bundling. Plus, a little bit chilly is the perfect weather for bonfires!

*sigh*
That red coat is probably one of my favorite Daisy purchases so far. I loved it so much, I even paid full price for it. (Of course, when it went on sale a week and a half later, I went back and got my additional 25% off. But still. I was willing to pay full price for it.)

Did I mention that this bonfire also featured fireworks? One of the neighbors owns a pyrotechnics company, and the bonfire coincides with the neighbor's annual fall "get rid of the old fireworks" display. Caleb spent the first thirty minutes covering his ears.

Eventually we convinced him that because his doggie hat has ear flaps, it would protect his ears from the noise. Win!

This was how the children responded when Wayne, our host, poured kerosene on the fire.

Oh. In addition to a bonfire and food and fireworks, there were also hay rides. It was a pretty great event. Both Calebs had so much fun!

Daisy looks suspicious, but I think she enjoyed the hay ride, too.

Off they go!

I know- her little nose is red. But the rest of her was warm. And look at those darling little boots! (Thanks, Jen!)

Caleb eventually grabbed himself a hot dog (we threw the new diet out for the night - it was just easier) and settled in between our neighbors. He spent a good chunk of the evening snuggled up with Mary. I love that he loves them so much, and that they love him in return!

Daisy was enthralled by the fireworks.

Caleb was enthralled with the marshmallow-toasting stick. Don't worry - no one was harmed. Just a few helpless marshmallows, who met their fiery demise.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so fun! And your little girlie sure just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I LOVE that coat, and I'm glad those boots fit her. I was a little bummed out when I bought them for Allie, then didn't really realize they didn't fit until it was too late to take them back. They seem perfect for little miss. And your hat is mighty fashionable, too, I might add. LOVE THIS POST! :)

    ReplyDelete