October 2

Oh, Daisy.
Midnight is not a good time to wake up.
Nor is 2 am.
And 5am? Not an appropriate time to be up for the day. Better than 4:17 or 4:45, but still not an acceptable solution.

But Chris made the best of his 5 am wake-up call and took the girl for a run. (A good man, he is.) Meanwhile, I grumbled and rolled over when the kids came barging into my bed at 7am, as per usual.  It's a good thing I married such an easy-going man; two of me in this relationship would spell disaster!

All of that to say, Daisy was yawning over her eggs at 8:45, so she went down for her nap at 9:15 this morning. She slept for three hours, and Caleb and I had time to paint, read books, snuggle... it was pretty nice.
Caleb was pumped about his watercolors! He made four or five cards, which will be arriving in some of your mailboxes soon.

What a diligent painter he is!

All was lovely, until a migraine reared its ugly head. And then I remembered that because Daisy napped in the morning, she would not be napping the rest of the day, which meant no rest for my weary head.

Luckily, my handsome husbando swooped in and saved the day. I'm not sure who was more appreciative of his rescue: me, or the kids. We were all pretty pleased about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment