October 15

We had a lovely playdate this morning with Amber and her kiddos - the weather was perfect, the trees were golden, the sun was shining, and everyone was laughing and smiling.

And somehow I didn't take any worthwhile pictures. Boo. My justification for this is that I was enjoying the moment, rather than lugging my camera around and constantly readjusting and trying to capture... Instead of taking pictures, I chased the kids, pushed them on the swings, spotted Caleb as he climbed a tall ladder all by himself without any prompting while holding a tree branch in his right hand, and did a little swinging myself.

But you should have seen how cute Daisy looked with a little bow in her hair. I'm kicking myself for missing that.

Anyway, dinner tonight was fun. The kids happily ate their dinner, and for a special treat afterwards - yogurt kefir. We've come a long way, friends.

Daisy's kefir mustache was too funny, so Chris grabbed the camera and snapped away.

1. Girl rocks the open cup!
2. She loves kefir! 
(That's her really happy face, in case you were concerned. She's not grimacing in pain, I promise.)

Bottoms up!

And this boy was so happy with his special treat, too.

Then the funny faces began, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Caleb's best funny face.

Daisy, laughing at her brother.

My funny face. (It's flattering, I know. Just keeping it real!)

And anyway, Daisy thought it was funny.

Not to be overshadowed by her brother, Daisy demonstrated that she, too, has a good funny face.

If only mealtime was always this much fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment