October 12

It was a fun, easy, laid-back day today. A few of the highlights:

Daisy is totally into Fredbird right now. Chris had to put up the Fredbird doll because the children have been pulling his stuffing out of a hole in his back (he was from Build-a-Bear, and I guess Caleb and Daisy figured out how to undo their quick stitching...). Luckily, we have a second Fredbird - a Fredbird Pillow Pal. Daisy was in love. We took a trip to Target this morning, and she insisted on bringing it in the car. When we arrived at the store, she wanted to carry him in the Ergo with her, but I put my foot down. The whole time we shopped, she whimpered to herself, "Feh-burhhhd... Feh-burhhd..." Poor baby.

It was an especially good day because the children both did well at playing independently. Exhibit A: 
This was what Caleb did while I made dinner. Love it.

So as a reward, I took both of them out to swing until Daddy got home.

Do you think the pilot's cap and pirate sweater contradict each other?
They kind of go together because several people lately have asked Caleb what he will be for Halloween. When he responds, "um, a pilot!", every single one of them has mis-heard it as, "um, a pirate!" So it works.

She's colorful today, isn't she? I'm not sure the socks/shoes combo was a good choice, but we work with what we have here. (Unless any of you want to donate a darling pair of infant size 4 shoes to our cause...)

Chris got home, so I headed back in to finish dinner. But when I looked out the window and saw this, I literally ran outside with my camera. 
He was pushing her in the swing while Chris grilled our dinner. Love it!

Another highlight? Yesterday.
The kids and I went to the grocery store, and when it was time to head home, Daisy didn't want to be in her car seat. Clearly, car seats are not optional, so I strapped her in and she fussed about it. We drove toward home, and Daisy kept fussing. Finally, I said to the back of the car in general, "Daisy, you might as well stop fussing. No one can help you right now.
Caleb immediately piped up, "Jesus can help Daisy!"
Then, as I watched in my rear-view mirror, he bowed his head, clasped his hands, and said, "Dear God, please help Daisy stop fussing. A-men."

And you know what? 

She did. (For a moment, at least.)

No comments:

Post a Comment