October 1

How on earth is it already October? I wouldn't believe it, except that I have a sudden craving for all things pumpkin, Caleb and I have been having talks about chlorophyll and leaves, and it was in the fifties for our MOPS playdate this morning.

Daisy's fall/winter wardrobe has some... issues. All of her 12-month pants are big around the waist, but too short. All of her 12-month shirts fit around the middle, but the sleeves are too short and the head holes are too small for her noggin. 

But she doesn't seem to mind, and she's rocking the legwarmers and cardigans. The girl looks good in layers! (Perhaps because they add bulk?)

Funny story: we  were getting ready to leave this morning, and I asked Caleb to grab his shoes while I sat down to check an email. I looked up from the computer a few minutes later to find both Caleb's shoes and Daisy's shoes in my lap. I thanked Caleb for thinking to get Daisy's shoes, too, and he replied, "Daisy got her shoes all by herself!"
Apparently my girl heard me ask Caleb to get his shoes, so she scooted down to the shoe bin, sorted through it until she found an appropriate (matching) pair of shoes, took them out, scooted back to me, and placed them in my lap - all without being asked. I love it!

I also love when she practices her walking, like in the picture above.

Caleb had so much fun at our playdate that he asked if he could stay at the park and live there. It was a breakthrough playdate for him: one of the first times he's spent his whole time playing happily with other children, without expecting me to entertain him. I love it!

Daisy got a kick out of the button on that toy. It didn't do anything, but that didn't detract from its appeal.

Sweet girl! (Don't mind the under-eye circles. She's just trying to kill us by waking up in the night and waking up way too early in the morning, then not taking appropriate naps.)

1 comment:

  1. CUTEEE Daisy pushing the button!! He wanted to live at the playground? LOL he's so funny!

    ReplyDelete