October 26

Oh, Daisy. 
You are all girl, and a stubborn one at that.

You clutch your dolls fiercely to your chest, loving them with all your might - even when no one is looking.

You insist on the pink shoes with the bows, and fret if I try to make you wear something else. You call the bows "flowers".

You won't let me put a bow in your hair, but when I'm not looking you do it yourself and then grin proudly at me.

When your brother dances on his "stage", you match him move for move.

You fought valiantly against the fleece pajamas, even if they were the ones with hearts on them. Despite the tears, all it took to bring you back to smiles was storytime with Daddy and Caleb.

You are a precious gift, even if you did start my day at 3:52 this morning. 
(But you better not do it again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment